By Theodore R. Weeks
- Provides a coherent assessment of Russia's improvement from 1861 via to 1945
- Reflects the newest scholarship by means of taking a thematic method of Russian historical past and bridging the ‘revolutionary divide’ of 1917
- Covers political, fiscal, cultural, and lifestyle matters in the course of a interval of significant adjustments in Russian history
- Addresses through the variety of nationwide teams, cultures, and religions within the Russian Empire and USSR
- Shows how the novel guidelines followed after 1917 either replaced Russia and perpetuated an financial and political pressure that maintains to persuade sleek society
Read or Download Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) PDF
Similar russian history books
Introduces the geographical, historic and ethno-linguistic framework of the Caucasus, concentrating on the Russian incorporation of the sector, the foundation such a lot conflicts; analyses person conflicts, from their origins to the makes an attempt at resolving them; analyses the function of the 3 nearby powers (Turkey, Iran and Russia); and units out a synthesis of the Caucasian conflicts and a end at the position of the Caucasus in global affairs.
Lambeth attracts on over years of interviews with Lieutenant basic Aleksandr I. Lebed to build this primary and purely special portrait.
This ebook bargains a clean research of the Russian Revolution from a world point of view. It stresses the old function of Soviet Communism within the modernization of the rustic, the defeat of Nazism, and the increase of yank energy and international management. • feedback for additional studying that span a long time of writing at the topic• An index of names and significant rules
A desirable new survey of the Caucasus which gives a unified narrative background of this advanced and turbulent quarter on the borderlands of Europe, Asia and the center East, from prehistory to the current. For millions of years the Caucasus has shaped a hub of intersecting routes of migration, invasion, exchange and tradition and a geographical bridge among Europe and Asia, topic to habitual imperial invasion.
- The Allied Intervention in Russia, 1918-1920: The Diplomacy of Chaos
- Russian Rule in Samarkand 1868-1910: A Comparison with British India (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- Russia e gli altri (La): Nuovi equilibri delle geopolitica (Itinerari) (Italian Edition)
- Il grande terrore (Italian Edition)
Extra resources for Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia)
Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) by Theodore R. Weeks